• George, R. (2020) “The Impact of International Human Rights Law Ratification on Local Discourses on Rights:
The Case of CEDAW in Al Anba Reporting in Kuwait,” Human Rights Review, Vol. 21 pp. 43-64.
• El Taraboulsi-McCarthy, S. and George, R. (2020) “The Gendered Dimensions of Violent Extremism
in North Africa: Approaches, Policy and Practice,” UN Women, UN Counter Terrorism Committee
Executive Directorate (UNCTED). UN Women: Arab States. January.
• George, R. (2018) “Dialogue as Progress? Islam and UN Human Rights Treaty Ratification in the
Gulf Cooperation Council States (GCC),” in Marwa Maziad and Dania Khatib (eds.) The Arab
Gulf States and the West: Perception and Realities Opportunities and Perils. London: Routledge.
• George, R. (2020) “Coronavirus Has Exposed the Need to Reform the United Nations.” Op-ed in The
National Interest. September.
• El Taraboulsi-McCarthy, S., Foresti, M., George, R., Pinet, M., Pantuliano, S., Gencsu, I., Manservisi,
S., “ODI Med: Towards peace and sustainability in the Mediterranean region.” Overseas Development
• George, R. (2020) “What Other Sectors Can Show for Women’s Leadership in COVID: Lessons on
inclusion from the fields of conflict resolution, security and business.” Op-ed in Think Global Health.
[Council on Foreign Relations]. April.
• Pereznieto, P., Le Masson, V., Marcus, R., George, R. and Jenny Rivett (2019) “Ending Violence
Against Children While Addressing the Global Climate Crisis,” Overseas Development Institute.
• George, R. (2020) "Merging Aid and Diplomacy is Trending - Will the US Follow?" Op-ed in New Global Perspectives.
• George, R. (2020) quoted in “Sudanese female advocate for Israel relations highlights hope for
women,” 25 October, The Jerusalem Post / The Media Line.
• George, R. (2020) quoted in “UK-Africa summit ignored gender, climate and poverty concerns,
experts say,” Devex.
• El Taraboulsi-McCarthy, S., George, R. and Pinet, M. (2019) “Countering the Caliphate in North
Africa: Three Priorities for Action,” Overseas Development Institute. November.
• George, R. (2019) “The Impact of International Law on Diplomacy: UN Human Rights Treaty
Ratification in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA),” in Lora Wildenthal and Jean Quataerdt
(eds.) The Routledge Handbook on the History of Human Rights. [Book awarded Routledge
Humanities, Media and Arts Handbook Prize].
• Brown, K. (Chatham House and King’s College London) and George, R., “Can You Have Economic
Development Whilst Respecting Rights?” Presentation at The London School of Economics, Human
Rights Society, 26 February.
• George, R. with Saeed, M. and Abdelgalil, S. (2019) “Women at the Forefront of Sudan’s Political
Transformation,” Overseas Development Institute. November.
• McCullough, A. and George, R. (2019) Regional Platform on Gender and Preventing Violent
Extremism, Casablanca Report. UN Women. April.
• Castillejo, C., Domingo, P., George, R. and O’Connell, S. “Politically Informed Approaches to Gender
in Fragile and Conflict Affected Settings,” Overseas Development Institute and Westminster
Foundation for Democracy. September.
• George, R. (2018) “The Politics of Islamic Law and International Human Rights Law: The Case
of the UN Convention Against Torture (CAT) in the Arab Gulf,” International Journal of Law
and Interdisciplinary Legal Studies, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 4-15.
• George, R. and Rivett, J. (2020) “Counterterrorism and Violence Against Children: Priorities for
Action and Advocacy.” World Vision / Overseas Development Institute.
• George, R. (2018) quoted in, “No world to leave our children: progress on women’s rights still lags,
shows study,” 7 December, The Guardian.
• George, R. (2018) Invited Panelist, The International Center for Freedom in the UAE, Parliamentary
Human Rights Committee, Parliament of the United Kingdom.
• Greene, M., George, R. and Marcus, R. (2018) “Gender norms and Factors Leading to Child
Marriage” (infographic), Overseas Development Institute.
• George, R. (2018) “The Role of the Private Sector in Shifting Social Norms in International
Development” (webinar panelist), Overseas Development Institute, 31 October.
• George, R. (2017) “Getting to Rights: Legal Change and Civic Action in Morocco,” presented at the
British Society of Middle East Studies (BRISMES) Conference, June, King’s College, London, UK.
• George, R. (2017) “Human Rights Progress in the Gulf,” Gulf Research Meeting, Cambridge UK.
• George, R. (2017) “Gender and Norm Localisation” presented at ActionAid Ireland Conference,
Women and the Grand Bargain, September, Dublin, Ireland.
• George, R. (2016) “International Law in International Relations and Political Theory: New Debates on
Enforcement and Compliance” in the LSE-Cambridge Research Meeting. Cambridge UK.
• George, R. (2016) “UN Human Rights Treaty Ratification in the Gulf Cooperation Council,” presented at
the British Society of Middle East Studies (BRISMES) Conference, July, Lampeter, Wales.
• George, R. (2015) “Where Are All the Women in World Politics?” The Huffington Post.
• George, R. (2015) “Human Rights Law Ratification in the Arab Gulf: Exploring Commitment Politics,”
presented at International Studies Association (ISA), March, Baltimore, Maryland, US.
• George, R. (2014) “Untrustworthy Alliances: Why the NSA Snooping Doesn’t Change a Thing,” The
• George, R. (2013) “Women’s rights activism in the MENA region: The case of Musawah,” presented at
the LSE-Cambridge Annual Doctoral Festival, May, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK.